Saturday 30 April 2011

Jon Jones promises the wait will be worth it, massively interested in a future fight with Fedor Emelianenko

UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones has been speaking about the recent withdrawal from his August 6th bout with Rashad Evans in Philadelphia, as well as expressing a big interest in facing formerly ranked number one fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko.
Speaking during the Q&A session in Toronto yesterday, Jones said:
“I’m just thinking about the future, because I am very young and I have many years left. I do want to apologize to you guys for the delay in the fight. Trust me, I’ll make it worth your guys’ while, the wait. I promise.”
“I think this whole Rashad Evans fight is really weird. The night before my (Ryan) Bader fight, he came to my dinner and told me that I was getting the fight against Shogun. He gave me his blessing; he said how happy he was for me. Now suddenly I’m the guy who betrayed him and all that stuff. I really don’t know how that happened.”
Jones also commented on the possibility of facing off with a number of the top names from the Strikeforce ranks with a certain Russian legend topping his wish list if it was possible.
“Oooh, Fedor– that would be the fight that interests me the most. I admire Fedor a lot, and that would be a great gauge to see where I’m at in my career. As far as fighting Dan Henderson, I would love that fight, as well. I’m not trying to call them out but I would be honored to fight either one of them.”
Jones is currently healing up after suffering a torn ligament in his hand a number of months back and has recently had surgery to correct it. He could make the first defence of his title around the turn of the year as the injury shouldn’t hamper his training too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive