Wednesday 20 April 2011

Alan Belcher: Michael Bisping is a disrespectful A-hole that doesn't want to fight me

Photo
Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC - Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
Michael Bisping seems to have a knack for making friends wherever he goes.
Add UFC middleweight Alan Belcher to the ever-growing list of UFC fighters that want to beat the brakes off the British banger and former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) winner.
Belcher (16-6) hasn't competed since choking out Patrick "The Predator" Cote at UFC 113: "Machida vs. Shogun II" back in May 2010. It was "The Talent's" second straight win (and second straight finish) that was good enough to earn him a Fight Night 22 main event opposite Demian Maia later that year.
Then the unthinkable happened.
A trip to Brazil to help prepare him instead set him back considerably, when a routine sparring session resulted in a detached retina that required multiple surgeries and nearly ended his career.
Now that he's patched up and ready to get back into the 185-pound title hunt, Belcher tells Sherdog.com he's setting his sights on the "top three or four guys," including the "disrespectful A-hole Michael Bisping:"
"Bisping is an a--hole who disrespects the sport and his opponent. A fight between me and Michael Bisping is something everybody wants except for Michael Bisping. It would be amazing to sign that fight and have him come to my backyard. He always gets to fight in Britain and other places, but it’d be good to see him come down to Louisiana. I’d love for that to be my comeback fight. I want to fight the top three or four guys. I want someone who will help keep my status high and help me move towards a title shot. I don’t want to have to prove myself again. [Belfort] is a legend and is still close to the top. I’m not sure beating [Silva] gets me closer to the title, but he’s a fighter I like. [Maia] and [Bisping] are other possibilities, too."
Bisping recently issued an apology for his post-fight celebration at UFC 127 after conceding that he was, in fact,  "out of line" for spitting at (not on) Jorge Rivera's corner team after his emotional second round technical knockout victory on Feb 27, 2011, in Sydney, Australia.

"The Count," who flew into a rage after finishing "El Conquistador," admits the pre-fight smack talk and steady drumbeat of insulting parody videos that "crossed the line" ultimately got the best of him on fight night.

In the immediate wake of "SpitGate," several 185-pound fighters, including Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, openly campaigned for the opportunity to fight Bisping next and put him in his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive