Monday 28 March 2011

UFC Quick Quote: A part of Rich Franklin wants to fight Jon Jones to 'see how he'd do'

Rich_franklin_broken-arm_medium
"The very first time I saw Jon Jones fight, I remember coming home and talking to my business partner at American Fighter and saying, ‘This guy is going to be a stud. I knew it right away. He’s got an 84-inch reach, and he’s 6-foot-4. It’s just crazy. You see guys like that, and you’re like, ‘They’re bigger than me, and they’re stronger than me,’ but I’m a fighter, and there’s a part of me that still wants to fight them and see how I’d do."
Former UFC Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin, who was kicked out of the 185-pound division by the seemingly invincible Anderson Silva, talks to the Springfield News-Sun about the meteoric rise of new Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones, who just so happens to rule the weight class Franklin now calls home. "Ace" is just as enamored with the rise of "Bones" as the rest of the mixed martial arts community but his competitive spirit also wonders how he might fare in a 205-pound throwdown. Could the ex-math teacher be the one to solve the Jones equation? Or would Franklin's fantasy fight be a zero sum game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive