Monday 28 February 2011

Ryan Bader calls for a fight with Tito Ortiz, wants a legendary name on his résumé

“Ultimate Fighter” season eight winner, Ryan Bader has thrown his hat into the ring to become the next man to face former light heavyweight champion, Tito Ortiz inside the octagon, explaining it would be great to take the scalp of the legendary fighter from Huntington Beach.
Speaking via ESPN.com, Bader said:
“I would want to fight Tito Ortiz. Just because I grew up watching him. I want to have one of those guys on my résumé like a Randy Couture or Chuck Liddell. Purely out of respect, he’s one I’d like to fight before my career is over … Really, I didn’t even feel like going back and watching [the Feb. 5 loss to Jon Jones] because I didn’t feel like I fought to even a quarter of my potential. Right before I walked out, I was standing there and telling myself, Man, you really need to wake up.”
Bader will need a big win in his next fight after coming up short earlier this month against current number one contender, Jon Jones. With Ortiz posturing for a fight against two-time opponent, Forrest Griffinm the Arizona native might have his work cut out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive