Monday 28 February 2011

Jorge Rivera: Michael Bisping's illegal knee was deliberate and he's a classless piece of sh*t

Rivera_knee_ufc_127_medium
Props: Fanhouse
Quoteworthy:
"That knee was deliberate, and I'll tell you exactly how I know this, I went to sweep him, and first of all, I want to say that he was at the press conference talking about how he's the better fighter, he's got better jiu-jitsu, better wrestling, but he takes me down, fine. I go to sweep him and he holds on to the fence. He holds on to the fence the whole time. ...And then, within 30 or 40 seconds of doing that, he knees me [illegally] in the head. I'm on all fours, he winds up and knees me in the head. Then he puts his hands up, walks over to my corner and says, 'He's the p-ssy.' Now if that wasn't deliberate, I don't know what the f-ck is. ... I promoted the hell out of this fight, I talked a lot of sh-t about this fight, I talked a lot of sh-t about him, and it's my job as a professional to go out there and do what I do. ... You've seen all the videos. Did I ever mention one thing about this man's family in any way shape or form? We're all fairly educated, right? Show me where I did that. Just show me where I did that, and then he'll get his apology. But I'm not a classless piece of sh-t like he is, so I would never f-cking do that."
We heard from Michael Bisping and we heard from Jorge Rivera's management team but now we finally hear from the man who took the knee directly to the dome, Mr. "El Conquistador" himself. A lot of questions have been raised since the clearly illegal strike "The Count" landed in the middle of the first round. Was it incidental? Was it simply a heat of the moment occurrence? Did he do it on purpose? Was he trying to get even for all the inflammatory videos that went so viral in the lead-up to the fight? Bisping claimed he just got caught up in the ebb and flow of the fight and let it fly, simply stating it was an attempt to time it properly as Rivera was standing up, hence leaving him nearly defenseless against it. The 39 year-old Massachusetts native is calling bullshit however, and says he knows it was deliberate because the cocky Brit walked over to his corner and called him a pussy directly after. He was also riling up the crowd while Rivera was still down being attended to by ringside physicians. When asked if he was able to continue, the former Ultimate Fighter contestant was all go and no quit. He knew his ass was on the line for all the checks his mouth had been writing in building up the co-main event contest. It certainly didn't help his cause, as he was disposed of rather easily in the second round, but not before doing what he could to back up his big talk. And as for the apology Bisping asked for after the fight, well, he's not likely to get that anytime soon. Now we turn the floor over to you, Maniacs, and ask you this simple question, Howie Mandel style -- deliberate or not deliberate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive