Wednesday 13 March 2013

Nick Diaz is the ‘anti-bullshit superhero’


"I'd like to think I'm talking in my defense, you know? It's hard. You never know how things are going to come off on video or what. It doesn't matter; I've already come out a certain way to the people, to the world. Once you go down that road there is no going back. It's kind of rough. As far as what people are going to listen in and written down on paper, I'd like to be known as someone who kept it real and I just don't like that I'm made out to be this evil person that needs to be shot down, that needs to be conquered. What the fuck? If anything, I'm like the superhero coming in with the anti-bullshit. Give me a fucking break! Are you seriously going to stick to the bullshit forever? This is mixed martial arts ladies and gentlemen; this is some boring ass shit we've been watching lately. And we should see something new as far as I'm concerned. I don't mean to talk shit. I like Georges, I'm a fan of Georges St. Pierre. I appreciate everything he does and he does what he does to win. I just think the scoring criteria needs to be changed. I think that sucks, that really fucks it up for everybody. People hate me for saying that, too. Especially a strong wrestler, especially strong guy. He hates me for that one and doesn't want to hear it and would love to ignore it. But, one day I think the rest of the people in the world are going to see mixed martial arts for what it is and for what it used to be and maybe start to manipulate the way it works a little bit. The judging, the scoring, the whole system is crap. One day, they are going to look back and say, ‘Man, this motherfucker right here was saying that the whole time.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive