Friday 4 January 2013

Paul Daley: 'Marcus Davis has declined to fight me'

Since Paul Daley is out of the upcoming Bellator show after visa issues; he is set to compete at Cage Contender 16 on Feb. 23, 2013 at the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately Daley wanted UFC veteran Marcus Davis which isnt going to happen.

Daley explains via his official Facebook page:
"Since Marcus Davis has declined to fight me, Who would you guys like to see me fight? The promoters are securing an opponent...but as a lot of people seem scared to fight me, its always good to have some back up ideas."
 
Marcus Davis said Paul Daley's revelation that he turned down a proposed fight is an attempt to bully him into a booking for which he'd be underpaid.
Davis today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the Ireland-based Cage Contender promotion offered him $8,000 to fight Daley on just over one month's notice.
When he refused, stating Daley's A-level ability justified a higher purse and that he wouldn't accept the fight on short notice, he said the promotion "probably got into Daley's head" to publicly shame him.

"I thought I graduated high school over 21 years ago," Davis said. "I'm not going to get roped into fighting a fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive