Tuesday 18 December 2012

Rousimar Palhares suffers broken foot in 1st round of Hector Lombard fight

Speaking to MMAJunkie, Palhares said:
“During the fight, my kick was working well. But soon in the first round, one of my kicks hit Lombard’s shin below his knee. I heard a snap, and I knew something bad happened. From that moment on, I [started] feeling my foot more and more numb and without strength to walk around the octagon. It was a very complicated situation. I went through something similar in the fight against Jeremy Horn when I broke my hand during the fight.”
 
Palhares  trainer Murilo Bustamante said:

"Rousimar is a great athlete and will overcame to be back up. The entire team of the UFC has done a great good job since the first medical care the arena of the fight. The hospital staff also made all necessary effort getting imaging tests with 'Toquinho,' and from then on, we started treatment immediately. His right foot is still very swollen. We still do not have prediction of when he will be able to go back training."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive