Wednesday 14 November 2012

Weidman: Brazilian fans want me to beat Anderson Silva

Weidman talks to Kimura.se about the number of Brazilian fans telling him they want Silva to lose for the first time in his UFC career.
"Not a couple, a lot, a good majority of them. Because I think I'm coming here confident I can beat Anderson, coming out in the public saying I can beat him, pretty much the ducking me thing. So I figured [the Brazilian fans] were going to be like, ‘Hey, wait a minute.' But actually it was the opposite. You know, I guess there's a lot of reasons, but a lot of them want to see him lose and they want me to beat him, so I was surprised with that."

Weidman would not get into specifics as to why he thinks Brazilian fans want Silva to lose, he believes a majority of the group have nothing legitimate against Silva other than the fact they want to see the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world knocked off his pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive