Friday, 23 November 2012
The Score Fighting Series 7 Weigh-in Results
Every fighter on the deepest card in SFS history made weight. All that remains now is for them to deliver in the cage at Hamilton Place Theatre, with the entire main card being televized live across Canada on The Score Television Network and beamed into more than 40 million homes in the United States via AXS TV.
Highlights on the card are many. But fans will undoubtedly be looking forward to the clash between Jordan Mein – on loan from Strikeforce – and Forrest “The Meat Cleaver” Petz.
Petz (25-9) is on a four-fight winning streak, with his last victory coming in a spectacular clash against Sergej Juskevic in March – a bout which many believe to be the best ever seen inside the SFS cage. Currently training out of the Canadian Martial Arts Centre in his hometown of Lethbridge, Alberta, Mein (25-8) will be looking to make it four-in-a-row at the SFS.
Jesse Ronson vs. Ryan Healy also looks set to be a war. Ronson, from London, Ontario, is looking to make it seven wins in a row. But in Healy he faces arguably his toughest opponent to date, with the veteran bringing plenty of experience and a KO/TKO percentage of more than 50 per cent to the cage.
Meanwhile, the hotly anticipated rematch between Will Romero and Tristan Johnson is also sure to get the pulses racing. Johnson (7-3), from Jordantown, Nova Scotia, defeated Romero via unanimous decision in the first official SFS event in June 2011. The fight was a spirited affair with some calling it Romero’s way. More recently, both men have enjoyed success with Romero on a three-fight win streak including a brutal KO of Stephane Bernadel.
· (170.4) Jordan Mein – Lethbridge, Alberta vs. (170.6) Forrest Petz – Cleveland, Ohio
· (155.8) Jesse Ronson – London, Ontario vs. (155.2) Ryan Healy – Portland, Oregon
· (145) William Romero – Brampton, Ontario vs. (145.8) Tristan Johnson – Jordantown, Nova Scotia
· (155.2) Alex Ricci – Woodbridge, Ontario vs. (155.4) Kevin Morin – Montreal, Quebec
· (155.4) Jason Saggo – Bolton, Ontario vs. (156) Iraj Hadin – London, Ontario
· (170.6) Ryan Dickson – Burlington, Ontario vs. (168.4) Brandt Dewsbery – Lethbridge, Alberta
· (185.2) Elias Theodorou – Mississauga, Ontario vs. (184.2) Ali Mokdad – Windsor, Ontario
· (154.6) Roy McDonell – Oakville, Ontario vs. (155.4) Desmond Green – Buffalo, New York
· (154.8) Adam Assenza, Burlington, Ontario vs. (154) Tommy Cote – Victoriaville, Quebec
· (154.2) Paul Jalbert – Burlington, Ontario vs. (155.6) Oliver Vadnais – Toronto, Ontario
The main card at Hamilton Place Theatre will be televised live beginning at 10:00pm EST. Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased through Ticketmaster.ca.