Wednesday 7 November 2012

Rich Franklin no longer motivated by title shots

Speaking via MMAWeekly, Franklin said:
“I have a fight against Cung and I don’t really think beyond that fight. I don’t think about title shots, this and that, and I don’t think, well, if I win or if I lose. I never put the possibility of ‘if I lose’ in my head because if you do that you’re automatically opening yourself up to a loss, and once you do that, you’ve lost the fight. I have to be motivated to beat Cung and that’s it. I have Cung on November 10th, and it doesn’t matter what comes after that, and it’s not important. What’s important right now is winning that fight because if I didn’t win that fight those opportunities aren’t going to come anyways. It doesn’t matter whether I’d be motivated by them or not.”
“I don’t believe the UFC, I don’t believe they’re going to give me a title fight after this. I believe there’s going to be another step in that process, and I don’t know who that would be, if it would be somebody like a (Michael) Bisping, or something like that, but winning a fight always puts you in the right direction. I still don’t think the UFC is interested in doing a Franklin/Silva 3.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive