Friday 9 November 2012

BAMMA announces Alex Reid’s opponent for BAMMA 11

BAMMA can now announce Alex Reid’s opponent for BAMMA 11 presented by GoDaddy.com, as Reid returns to the cage for a Middleweight Mixed Martial Arts bout on 1st December. The bout, which takes place at Birmingham’s National Indoor Arena, is set to feature on the televised main card and pits Alex against Sam Boo. Alex Reid fights out of London Shootfighters with a record of 9 wins, 9 losses and 1 draw. With a twelve year Mixed Martial Arts career behind him, Reid has fought a catalogue of tough domestic and international opponents, including Tom Watson, Matt Ewin, Xavier Foupa-Pokam, Murilo Rua and Jorge Rivera. He also holds a kickboxing win over John Maguire.

 Reid’s MMA victories have come via KO, TKO and submission, while the majority of his losses have come via decision. ‘The Reidernator’ was propelled into the mainstream limelight by his highly publicised relationship with celebrity Katie Price in 2009 and the reality TV show, Big Brother, which he won in 2010. His distance fight against Tom Watson the same year at BAMMA 4 drew a UK TV audience of 895,000 to make it the most viewed domestic MMA broadcast ever. Against a rising celebrity profile, it also earned Reid respect as a fighter with a huge heart in what is viewed by many as a legendary British bout. Following a break from the cage, Alex Reid returns for BAMMA 11, presented by GoDaddy.com, in a clash that sees him looking to work his way back up through the rankings.

Alex Reid said: “It's been a long time and I'm itching to get back to fight again at BAMMA. First and foremost I'm a fighter. It's always been at the heart of what I do. I've drifted over the last couple of years and my name has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. It's set me back in the sport I love and now I want to get in the headlines for the right reasons: Mixed Martial Arts brings me focus in my life. I'm going to prove myself to BAMMA fans, as I proved two years ago when I was up against Tom Watson in the hardest fight of my life, that I have what it takes”. Hailing from Southampton, Sam Boo walks into the fight with a professional record of 5-7-0 and his preferred method of stopping his opponent is via Guillotine Choke. Boo will be looking to make his name by challenging Reid in the biggest fight of his career at BAMMA 11, presented by GoDaddy.com.

Boo said: “I’m properly excited to get the opportunity to smash Alex Reid. I may have only been fighting for a couple of years professionally but already I’ve had almost as many fights as Alex and I’m young and in peak physical condition. Alex on the other hand hasn’t had a proper fight in two years. He’s been spending more time larging it up as a celebrity than in the gym and he’s out of shape. The fact Alex takes the fight against me rather than a bigger name shows he’s not got it anymore – and I welcome the opportunity to beat him up, because if you look at my fitness and where Alex is right now, I believe I’ve got a good chance. He may have been tough in the past but now the guy’s a joke. I’d love nothing more than to put him in his place on national TV. “
 Buy tickets here: http://bit.ly/iKuapN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive