Monday 23 January 2012

Rousey hopes trash talk can elevate Strikeforce's females

Ronda Rousey says she comes from a family of quick-witted, accomplished women who don't back down.
For those aggravated by her approach to the MMA business, she has one thing to say: you're welcome.
"I don't think any girl can grasp what I'm trying to do," Rousey told MMAjunkie.com.
Rousey said there are those who get what she's doing by being so outspoken and brash. When she accuses Tate of being sanctimonious about the role of looks in women's MMA, she's not only expressing her opinion, she's playing to the media.

"It's not personal to me at all," she said. "I'm sure it's personal to Miesha. I really think they should be grateful to me because they've gotten more press, more interviews, more exposure than they ever have before in their entire careers. I don't want to pat myself on the back too much, but a lot of it is the result of me purposefully trying to get on everybody's nerves. So they take it personally, but I don't.

"I've had so many girl fighters come up to me and tell me they appreciate me and thank me. The only girls that seem to have a problem with me are either current champions or are former champions. I just think they have this sense of entitlement that everyone should kiss their ass and respect them all the time, and they're not used to dealing with any kind of confrontation."

via:mmajunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive